East Sussex Credit Union Role Description
Role Title: Trustee - Secretary (volunteer)
- This role offers a real opportunity to influence the future of East Sussex Credit Union
- The voluntary board position of Secretary of a credit union holds the position of chief administration officer as far as the law and the regulator is concerned.
- She/he is responsible for maintaining formal records, including board meetings, members meetings and the members register.
- The Secretary works closely with both the Chairperson and the CEO in ensuring strong governance and oversight and communication with the members, the Board and the Regulator.
- This role comes under the FCA Senior Manager Regime.
- It will be responsible for overseeing the registration of any change to credit union rules, and signing of official and statutory documents on behalf of the Board
- The Secretary will work closely with the Supervisory Committee to ensure appropriate oversight and will also sit on the Risk Committee
There are 10 board meetings per year (evenings) and other meetings as required.
- Understanding of good governance.
- Experience of providing oversight and challenge
- Experience of working/ volunteering in a an organisation within a regulated framework
- Ability to take minutes and note key decisions
- Good record keeping skill
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested or if you have any questions.